Sufiyani Biryani | White Biryani Recipe – Shillong Foodies
Before you try recipe you must know that how this amazing dish originated, Sufiyani biryani as the name suggests brings out Royal flavors and was originated or cooked in Nizam’s kitchen.
The Mughal emperor had entrusted Nizams with the responsibility of Deccan India and this biryani was one such special dish of Nizam period.
Sufiyani or white biryani is mainly known for its rich flavors and when you taste it you will know its beautiful aroma is apart from the world famous Hyderabadi dum biryani.
The aroma of garam masala, richness of cashews and almonds, the spiciness of green chilly and the beautiful saffron induced in milk oozes out the best flavours.
- 1 kg Basmati Rice Pre soak 30 min
- 1 Kg Chicken
- 1 tbsp vineger
- 1 lemon juice squeezed
- salt to taste
- 5 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 100 grams Curd sour
- 5-6 Green Cardamon
- 4-5 cloves
- 2-3 Black Cardamon
- ½ mace (javitri)
- ½ nutmeg (jaiphal) crushed
- 10-12 corn black pepper
- 5-6 kabab chini
- 4-5 Bay leaves
- 2 tsp shahi zeera
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp white pepper powder
- 2 tbsp green chili paste about 8-9 chillies
- 6 chopped onion fried till golden brown
- 1 head coriander
- 1 handful mint
For Rest of the cookung
- 1 tbs white pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 12-15 cashew and almond paste 12-15 each
- 1 pinch kesar strands soaked in warm milk
- Marinate chicken with vinegar, lemon juice, salt, ginger garlic paste, curd, whole spices, green chilli paste, black Pepper, white pepper, mint and coriander leaves, onions/ birista, cumin seeds 2tbsp oil to the marination and mix well everything together.
- Keep aside for minimum 30mins to maximum 2 hours
- In a bowl add almond cashew paste, salt as per taste and fresh cream. Add 1tsp white pepper and Mix well.
- After marination start cooking the rice with salt and few whole spices in a vessel and cook till 70% done and drain off the excess water of rice
- Now in a vessel add ghee at the bottom to avoid sticking or burning. Add one layer of rice then the marinated chicken. Then add the cashew almond paste and don't mix it.
- add the remaining rice. Add mint coriander leaves and some birista. Pour saffron milk.
- Add few ghee toss whole cashews and almonds and dum cook biryani for 45mins on low to Medium heat
- Enjoy your flavourfull sufiyani biryani with dahi ki chutney or raita