Best Lauki Kalakand with Apple Phirni recipe 2021 by Suman Gupta | Shillong Foodies
This Traditional Bengali Dish which is made specially on the ocassion of Durga Puja.
Lauki Kalakand recipe with Apple Phirni
Lauki Kalakand is Traditional Bengali Dish which is made specially during Durga Puja
Ingredients for Lauki Kalakand
- 1 kg Bottle gourd
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milkmaid
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp Almonds sliced
- ¼ tbsp Green food colour
- ½ tsp Green cardamom powder
INGREDIENTS OF APPLE PHIRNI
- ¼ cup basmati rice
- 1 Apple
- 1 cup sugar
- Peel bottle gourd and grate it.
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add 2 tbsp ghee and add grated bottle gourd and saute till all water absorbed.
- Add milk and cook 10 to 12 minute till the lauki is tender.
- Keep stirring constantly for about 10 minutes.Then add Sugar, Milkmaid and cardamom powder & green colour.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes and add 1 tbsp ghee and not let it set in refrigerator
- after it sets cut it into any shape with the help of a any shape cookie cutter and your Lauki kalakand is ready
HOW TO MAKE APPLE PHIRNI
- first soak the Basmati rice in water for about 10 minutes.
- When the rice are soaked , grind them to a fine batter with milk. Now the skin apple and cut finely. Keep aside a few apple pieces, and grind the remaining pieces to a paste in a grinder
- Then take a thick bottomed pan, and add rice batter along with sugar and apple paste. When the contents have boiled well, switch off the burner. Transfer the boiled batter
CARAMEL SUGAR CAGE
- Take a pan add the sugar in it and let it caramel. Till the sugar caramels take a bowl invert it and grease it with oil and after the sugar caramels take a spoonful of caramel sugar make a zig zag in a butter paper. After it's done leave it until it dries and slowly take it out from the butter paper
Thank You For the VisitIf you liked the recipe ans want to find unique recipes. You can join our food group Shillong Foodies, a community for all foodies in and outside Shillong