Jadoh Recipe |Khasi Traditional Dish | Best Jadoh Recipe 2021
Jadoh is Meghalaya’s traditional dish of the Khasi tribe. In Khasi language, ‘ja’ means rice and ‘doh’ means meat.
Jadoh can be called Meghalaya’s very own biryani but spices are kept very minimum and it does not use much oil.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 tbs ghee
- 2 inch cinnamon
- 4 pods clove
- 1 piece star anise
- 1 leaf bay leaf
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tbs ginger garlic paste
- 4 tbs chilli, mint & coriander paste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 medium potato
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbs salt to taste
- Heat ghee and add the spices.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add the ginger, garlic, green chilly, coriander, and mint pastes and saute until the raw smell vanishes.
- Add in the cubed vegetables and cover and cook on low flame until soft.
- Add drained rice and fry for a few seconds.
- Add water and salt.
- Cook until 3/4 done.
- Cover and cook on low flame for 10 – 15 minutes until the water is completely absorbed.